Fishkind & Associates has extensive experience providing consulting and management services to special districts located throughout Florida. Our firm provides services at every stage of a district’s life from establishment to full development. We offer Financial Advisory Services and District Management Services (including Administrative Services, Accounting, Minutes and Public Records Services, and Lien Book & Tax Roll Services.) to over 70 CDDs throughout the state of Florida.
BIG CYPRESS STEWARDSHIP DISTRICT
Established in 2004; Located in Collier County, Florida
Note: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
The Big Cypress Stewardship District (“District”) is an independent special district, created pursuant to and existing under the provisions of Chapter 2004-423, Laws of Florida, Acts of 2004, and established by the Florida House of Representatives’ approval of House Bill No. 923 on June 17, 2004. The District includes within its boundaries approximately 22,211 acres of land located in unincorporated eastern Collier County.
District Infrastructure and Property
The District has not yet raised funding to install its planned public infrastructure improvements nor does it own any real property.
District Annual Budgets
The District annually approves an Operations and Maintenance “O&M” budget which outlines the expected general revenues and expenses for the District. There is no annual debt service budget since the District has yet to issue any indebtedness.
District Annual Non-Ad Valorem Assessments
The District is currently being funded by the Developer.
Florida Law requires that the District publish an annual meeting schedule for the fiscal year one time in a newspaper of general circulation in Collier County. The Board may decide to cancel or reschedule any of its meetings, or add meetings or workshops as items of business dictate. These new meetings will be advertised in the newspaper at least seven (7) days in advance, and agendas are available on the website a week prior to the meeting.
- Attend, record and conduct all regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors Meetings including landowners meetings.
- Presentation of District’s annual budget in accordance with Chapter 190, Florida Statutes.
- Ensure District is in compliance with administrative and financial reporting for Community Development Districts.
- Correspond and communicate with Board of Supervisors and Staff to respond to the various needs of the District and Community.
- Prepare agendas for circulation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Prepare annual budget, annual audit, monthly disbursements.
- Review annual insurance policy to ensure District maintains proper insurance coverage.
For information regarding this District, please contact the District Manager:
ASST. DISTRICT MANAGER